lsamberg

Ikea / Semihandmade kitchen reveal

leah
5 years ago

Hi! Thanks for all the help and inspiration this past summer while I was desperately trying to learn how to remodel our kitchen. We’ve been living in the new kitchen for 4 or 5 months now and are thrilled with the result!

It’s been a while, but I’ve been meaning to share this - both because I’m proud of myself and want to show it off but also because there aren’t that many kitchen remodels on here that are in our price range and I wanted to show an example for others in a similar bracket.

We bought the house 2 years ago, and it's a cool funky 120-year-old home that's had layers of remodels over the years. It's been well taken care of, but the kitchen wasn't meeting our needs in terms of workspace and storage. We didn't have much to put into a remodel, but felt it was worth seeing what we could do within our budget. I did a lot of internet research, crossed my fingers, and jumped in. I didn't work with a kitchen designer or any other kitchen pro, so it was a huge relief when it all came together.

The whole project came in around $18,500:

• Materials ~10k (Semihandmade fronts/panels the biggest expense)

• Labor ~$7k

• Appliances (fridge + microwave) ~$1500.

The project took about a month from demo through completion (minus a few odds and ends).

Details:

Cabinets/Drawers – Ikea Sektion with Semihandmade fronts and panels (Clay color)

Sink – Ikea Havsen

Counters and shelving – John Boos Maple Butcherblock

Tile – Fireclay Tile, Slate Blue

Pendants and wall light – Rejuvenation Hardware

Wall paint – BM White Cloud

Island paint (and nearby accent wall in living area, not shown) – BM Kensington Blue

*The only thing left to do is counter stools for the island – so if you have suggestions let me know!

Thanks!

Before (messy and full of toddler):

After (from roughly the same 3 vantage points):

Comments (33)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.