webuser_30389024

Ground floor layout- comments please (open plan kitchen, utility&hall)

CupofTea
5 years ago

Hi,

We are planning an extension to create an open plan kitchen/dining/living area, a new utility/boot room and new hallway.

We have drawn up our plans (please see below images) and would appreciate feedback please.

We had hoped to have a downstairs shower, but can't see where it would fit. We had considered splitting the utility room into a downstairs bathroom (with shower), and utility, but thought it looked too small, as we would have wanted external access from both the shower room and utility room.

Please see plans below. We are planning to have skylight in utility, and roof lanterns above dining table and living area but couldn't add into the 3D plans.

Many Thanks!

Everything in yellow is part of the extension. Internals dimension for the important bits are shown (utility room is wrong, should be 4.4m). The wall highlighted in red can't be removed as it would be too expensive.

Overall site layout

Floor plan

View from door into kitchen by the utility room

View from blue arm chair

View from end of kitchen

View from hall by the toilet.

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.