jayne_hunt87

Help needed to decorate my small playroom/spare room (pretty please)

J C
5 years ago

In desperate need of help to finish decorating this room.

It’s a small side room off our main open plan living area, (kitchen/dining/living)

114 inches wide (back wall) and 152 inches in length (wall with the window on from wall to sliding door)

The main purpose is a kids room/play/nook take their friends in to watch tv, play games etc, but it will also be an occasional room to stay overnight in, so a spare bedroom (adults or kids), so I’m happy for some colour, but not too bright, and I don’t want it to look very childish kids looking style if that makes sense. I’m after something that will do for both purposes, my kids are 7 and 9,but growing up fast. Neon colours are out.

At the moment it’s just a white room. Please ignore the table/chairs and existing sofabed, in the photo, they will be coming out, as will the rug if it doesn’t go with the colour scheme.

Going in the room will be some ikea kids storage boxes on the back wall opposite the sliding door, we have loads of these, they look like this.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/bookcases/kallax-shelving-unit-high-gloss-white-art-10305741/?cid=gb%7Cps%7Cpla%7C%7C%7C%7C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpujvzIqg4AIVgeF3Ch0LwQCuEAQYAyABEgIN8vD_BwE

But will probably go on their side, boxes to go in them we can get in most colours,

I love the long high up window, and I’m tempted to maybe get a wall mural on this which mirrors the outside, so ivy on a fence or a wall full of ivy

https://www.muralswallpaper.com/ie/wall-murals/flower-wallpaper-murals/leaf-wallpaper-murals/

The post/stanchion I’ve no idea about, and the wall colours, again no idea, plus what to put on the lovely window sill no idea

I have a brain freeze at the moment, so could do with some help decorating this one with what colours to use, where to place things and how to make the best use of the space,

The tiles outside will be the same grey porcelain as inside, the outside isn’t finished yet (waiting for warmer weather). There will also be a grey blind over the entire sliding door panel.

Sofa bed will probably be made.com, they have quite a few for £199 this is one we quite likes, but again not set on the colour. https://www.made.com/made-essentials-kitto-sofa-bed-sherbert-blueit doesn’t have to be this one. I don’t want it too light though, as kids may ruin it.

So staying in the room will be the tv, the sliding door, the large long high window, and the grey tiles, apart from that I am open to ideas, but must haves are a sofa bed and the Ikea storage boxes. It would be great if we could also fit in a computer.

Its a narrow small room with one large sliding door and a pocket door,

Not much to ask, ha, but you lot are talented….

Height is about 2.5

Thank you

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.