webuser_646101043

Damp proof (membrane) for floorboards

HU-646101043
5 years ago

Hi smart guys,

I am totally innocent for interior design and DIY. I want to change the carpet to solid wood flooring for my bedroom.

Currently, there are floorboards below the carpet, and I think I should lay the solid wood flooring above the floorboards after I remove the carpet.

Unfortunately, I found there are damps on the floorboards. Some of the floorboards also need to be replaced. I searched online and found something called 'damp proof membrane'. However, lots of discussions saying that this kind of 'damp proof membrane' is suitable for damp proofing concrete floors above ground, but NOT for the floorboards.

I also checked the situation below the floorboards, there are quite a lot of empty space there and I don't think I should remove the floorboards and put on the concrete.

So my question is: what is the best option for me now? I want to keep the underlying floorboards (replacing some broken ones). Before I put on the solid wood flooring, which kind of damp proof (membrane) I should apply? Please give me a link to the product if possible. Any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks very much for your help.

A.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.