aigredoux

Help!!!! with foyer lighting

Butternut
5 years ago

More pictures of my entry available here:

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5590054/how-would-you-decorate-this-entry#23596189

I'd like to replace the wrought iron "tuscan" looking foyer pendant. The current pendant is 38" high and about 20" wide at the widest point. I'm very nervous about getting the correct size, since everything I like seems to be a substantial investment. I'm not worried about the amount of light it gives off, as there is a lot of other lighting and we rarely turn it on for everyday life. I REALLY don't want something too big.

Current pendant, walls will be painted.

Current pendant

Downstairs of foyer area. That semiflush mount is going too. New rug etc to arrive soon.

I want something classing, not trendy or modern at all. Aged brass would be my first choice of finish.

Is the current size good, should I mirror that?

Any of these seem to be what I'm looking for?

Hudson Valley Larchmont, 38"hx20"w

Hudson Valley Milbrook 34"hx14"w...too small??? I do like the narrower proportion of this one.

Visual comfort arch top large tapered lantern 43"hx26"w - too big???

I think the light I chose for my dining room is too large, but I have to live with it, so I'm really scared of it being too big. Especially because these are all like $2k. Help!!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.