wheezy11

Replacement windows uPVC, aluminium; white, grey or anthracite??

wheezy11
5 years ago

Hi. First time on here.... I am really struggling with deciding on replacement windows for our quite ugly 1970s house. It's built of bradstone / fake cotswold stone, but we are surrounded by a lot of trees so it's gone grey and green in places. yuk. We will be replacing all the windows later this year as part of a knock through in the house. I really can't decide whether to go aluminium, uPVC (flush casement style - Residence 7 or similar). And then whether to keep white - as all our neighbours have; or anthracite which our architect is pushing for; or a 'cotswold or painswick' grey - paler. I love anthracite ali windows but don't think it will work on our house, and may date. Darker windows seem to bring down a house sometimes. Would love some thoughts... thanks.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.