bobchalmers

Urgent help please. Kitchen island & flooring going in tomorrow

Richard G
5 years ago

Hi all,

im really hoping someone may be able to help.

im getting a floor installed tomorrow & as its a floated floor it was suggested I put the island in first.

ive put the island in today, it’s panels from b&q & its 3 integrated appliances in the island (2 fridges & a freezer) so I was told to get 2 end panels, a back panel & two support panels for the middle. Each appliance needs 600mm so 3 x 600mm plus the width of the two support panels (18mm each) gave me a length of 1836mm which is what I’ve made the internal dimensions of the island.

My question is, based on the information I’ve given, have I done this right?

Presumably each door will have to then have its own little enclosure (like the unit on the right hand side of the island in the picture) rather than the doors being side by side?

Very sorry if I’m not explaining that very well, I had expected in my head the doors to look lik the rest of the kitchen when finished but I suppose there perhaps has to be a trade off putting all appliances in an island.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.