jigsterman

Garden Dilemma

James Gibson
5 years ago

I’ve recently purchased a property and am stuck with what to do; firstly in the main back garden and secondly with the side parts of grass. The house is on a corner so benefits from 3 green spaces...

Can any ameture garden designers or professionals advise on what they might do with the space please?
Sketches / drawings / computer generated conceptualisations are welcome!

Any inspiration, advice and knowledge would be so appreciated. I can send measurements if it’s helps?

Ive completely designed and completed my last garden from scratch however the plot was just a square of new build grass. Hence why I feel somewhat daunted by this project. Well I gardening so high maintinence wouldn’t be a problem. I don’t have children or pets so really just myself to focus on
entertaining space is always useful. I like to make the outside come in and view versa. I also adore wildlife. I go to gardeners world live everyear plus other shows; I end up loving every show garden there and wish I could pluck it up and plonk it in my own...

I suffer with sever anxiety and depression and being in any garden really calms me down. It’s my safe place to relax and potter; amongst beautiful flowers, scents and wildlife.

I’ve added some pictures of my 1st house / garden. It was a new build and blank canvas. I designed it myself on paper and did the majority of the work alone (apart from builders for the patio, decking and lawn).

Im super proud of what I achieved. I just don’t know where to start with this next project. It’s much bigger than the last one. I’m open to suggestions. I love modern but also cottage garden plants. Exotic jungle styles. All sorts. I just know that anything children / animal friendly isn’t needed. I also would love a water feature this time round.

Take a look at my last garden and see what you think. The pictures have scrambled up but you’ll see some at the start, middle and end of the project. My intention was ultra modern however it kind of turned slightly cottage garden in the end; mainly because I have a plant buying addiction
There are worse addictions to have though I suppose

I adored doing it my last garden but just found designing it hard. Hence why any ideas would be great.

Hopefully those geniuses / gurus will whip me up the perfect design in no time
I wish! lol.

I need to find out the gardens position and soil type. However I’ve found I’ve managed to grow so many things in my current clay soil 1sr garden that books said were a ‘NO GO’.
Neighbour is an elderly gentleman with a low maintainence garden. The concrete garage will stay yes. But I’d either cover with climbers or clad in timber etc depending on the garden theme.

I’ll take my time doing it. Just know how much I overthink and struggle with a million and one ideas. Hence why someone with the skills who could just whip up a few sketch ideas would be amazing...

Please help

Regards,
James.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.