webuser_71660

exposed metal extractor ducting kit

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Mock up of our kitchen units (ignore the cream wall to the left as that won't be there) with the actual extractor hood we have bough (the chimney style).

The pipe to the side is not set and is just an idea the kitchen company came up with but at present, the ceiling hasn't been boarded so it's not in there yet.

My issue is that the rooflight and joists (that can't be cut though) blocks us from venting straight out from the chimney so we have to kind of run the vent to the side of it through the ceiling then find some sort of nice exposed kit (round or squared) that will join up with the side of the chimney (which we will have to cut down!) .

I was wondering whether to try and hide any of it at all and just have the pip running across the ceiling to outside as we do like the more industrial theme anyway.

Do any of you know where I can get a nice finish exposed pipe from? DO you think the round bendy

stuff is better or the flat squared off metal with angle fittings in it??

As our builder and kitchen fitter has disappeared on us, I'm left to sort it out now :o(

Comments (32)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.