stemondo

How do I solve privacy issues in a full glazed gable end bedroom?

Stephen
5 years ago

I'm currently getting my house remodelled by an architect but there are various changes I'm still unsure about. Attached is my own personal CGI of how the master bedroom window may look which is south facing but on the front of the house. What do others do to keep an element of privacy when having floor to ceiling glass in the bedroom, I obviously can get blinds for the evening/night but keeping blinds shut in the mornings kind of defeats the object of having big windows. I don't want anything like 1 way mirrored film on the glass but is there any type of fade or tint that can help and not stand out from the other windows on the house?

The house is a little set back on a quiet road however once someone walks onto the drive they could see straight into the bedroom. I'm also aware as its south facing it could get quite hot in the summer, are there any design tricks to incorporate anyway of opening them?

Thanks

Stephen

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.