patrina_cossey

What Would Houzzers Do? - New Boiler

Patrina
5 years ago
Apologies in advance for the length of this post. Hoping to hear your opinions on what you think I could do.
I had new Worcester Bosch boiler installed by BG in October which has been nothing but a pain and after dozens of calls to BG i'm having a serious SOH failure.
1. Shortly after install the boiler started making a banging sound. Que the first engineer visit who declared all was good with the boiler. (did not stay long enough to hearthe bang) Then a massive leak in main bathroom BG says it's totally un-related.
2. Bigger bangs. Que 2nd engineer who then called out the Worcester Bosch engineer who told us a Bypass valve was not fitted during installation and advised BG to start trouble shooting there.
3. BG engineer visited to install valve which happened to be the 2nd engineer who visited. He then discovered what should have picked up on his previous visit. The boiler was installed incorrectly including flow, filter etc etc. White noise as I'm not a boiler engineer. He did a temp fix.
4. By this I've run out of patience and pit in a complaint gave them the ultimatum to fix their catalogue of errors or replace thw boiler. Que a visit from the installation manager. He basically confirmed a catalogue of errors but still tried to convince me to keep the boiler as if there is a block in the system changing the boiler would not correct the problem. He also could not understand how I had heating and hot water. I Asked if the boiler was replaced would they do a thorough check of the whole system and sort any blockage? He said Yes so I asked for the boiler to be replaced.
5. Engineer turned up today changed the boiler. 6 hrs later Massive Bang boiler leaking. He is now on his way back. Now I ask What Would Houzzers Do? has anyone had a similar experience? Bloody miss my old boiler :-(

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.