lainey_hope

Existing 15mm or 22mm pipework for central heating?

lainey_hope
18 February, 2019

Hi all,

We've had some quotes for a new central heating system (new boiler in new location)… we've narrowed it down to two companies, but one have quoted to connect to the existing 15mm pipework and the other have quoted to upgrade to 22mm pipework.

I know nothing about this, so would love some advice on whether we should be upgrading to the 22mm or whether the existing pipework is as good as we'll need?

The first (existing pipework) have quoted for a Greenstar 34CDi Classic and the second (upgrading to 22mm) have quoted for a Vaillant 832 Ecotec. (The quotes are for the same amount.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment (1)