webuser_724709517

Please Help with my layout/Design

HU-724709517
5 years ago

I’ve been designing the layout of my house for nearly 1 year now. Prior to exchange/completion and then after. We have never been afforded the opportunity of living in the house yet due to a building defect which is now fully sorted. This does however mean that the whole house is stripped back to brick. We are currently having an extension built on the side which is shown in the image. every wall has been removed except for the chimney breast (which could be moved but would prefer not to) and an L shaped pillar which does have to stay. It may be able to shrink slightly depending on structural engineers thoughts.

I’ve been looking at this floor plan for so so long now and I’ve designed it so many different ways. But I still don’t feel as if I’m there. So I thought if I uploaded a blank floorplan and didn’t put my ideas forward some lovely people on here might see things differently to me.

All measurements on the drawing are internal dimensions even though they are drawn on the outer wall.

What I would like is. :-

2 living areas/seating areas/tv areas

laundry/utility room (not huge but would be good if I could dry clothes in there on a maiden as don’t always use the dryer)

Downstairs toilet if poss

A decebt size kitchen but not huge - this is a 3 double bed detached house - must have an island for a minimum of 3 stools or a breakfast bar. I preferably want 1 bank of units or an L shape with several tall ladder units. We won’t have a dishwasher as don’t use them so will need a decent size sink which I would prefer not to have on the island.

Another reason I am finding it hard is, I’m trying to design it with others in mind as due to the situation we are in, we may end up selling it in 18 months time.

We have glorious views out of the back and a south east facing garden.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.