falcon_1980

Can't decide on colour scheme for new kitchen!

falcon_1980
5 years ago

'm trying to plan my kitchen and going round in circles regarding the colour scheme! We're going to buy these units: http://www.1909kitchens.co.uk/kitchens/slab but will be getting them unpainted - our builder is going to spray paint them. I've attached the layout of the kitchen. One long wall of units on one side, and a larder cupboard, chest height oven and fridge on the other side.

We were originally thinking of having a wood worktop throughout, but have decided to go with a white quartz on the long run of units as far as the bay window (where we'll have wood to mark this out as our unity area). Wood on the peninsula too. The floor will be a lightish oak floor. So for colour:

We are somewhat tied into the scheme of the adjoining room (we're knocking down the dividing wall as part of the project). That room has Farrow and Ball Manor House Grey on all the woodwork, including the windows, Wevet on the walls and ceiling. It looks great in the sunshine (it's a south facing room) but I find it rather cold when it's a grey day. But we've only recently decorated and can't face doing it again. Plus my husband likes it.

So for the kitchen, I was thinking either Manor House Grey on the long run of units, or going darker - Downpipe, with a white quartz worktop. Then the full height units in Cornforth White, with the walls Cornforth White too. But would this all be a bit too grey? The new bi-folds doors will be in Manor House Grey to match the rest of the windows. I don't want it all to feel cold or oppressive. Can anyone help?!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.