temporary conversion of a garage

Tani H-S
24 February, 2019
We have a large double garage that we have planning for to convert into a habitable space which we went through planning for etc etc.

We also have a small detached garage to the side of the house that will never be used as a garage and I wondered if we kept the garage door but added some French doors at the back for access (in place of an existing window) and insulated the floor and walls, if we still needed building regs for it??

It would only be used as a summer office/craft room and gym perhaps and could easily be used as a garage again if we sold the house down the road.

I know people use their garages as workshops and don’t need building regs so we are hoping not to have to need them as well.

Anyone know?? Don’t want to call them up and highlight it if I don’t need to, ha ha