dina_campana

Rug dilemma - 2 rugs - how to style

Dina Campana
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I inherited 2 rugs on the pictured below from my grandmother and these hold sentimental value for me. I am using these in my living room although i always feel they make the room look too dated.

now we have moved to a different house and i am struggling to visualize as to how to incorporate these in the room without making it look too dated.

these are 2 rugs of very similar style and size - please see the pic below. the yellow armchairs, painting and sideboard have moved to the new house now.

it is a dilemma around designing the entire room around these rugs (but this time TRYING to make it look modern) or keep these in the attic.

i was also considering putting one of the rugs in my 3 y/o room but again struggling to understand how to tie in the rest.

any advice will be helpful - keep it or fold away, if to keep - what can be done to incorporate into the scheme. the pictures below is previous living room - it is just to show the rugs. thank you!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.