jenny_reeves

built in unit around pocket door

Jenny Reeves
5 years ago
We are building some units / shelving around a new opening (with pocket doors) between our kitchen and dining room. The units will be on the dining room side. My design is below, with my inspiration pic. We need some built in cupboards to store golf clubs etc but I also like the look of some book shelves above.

Do you think it will look odd to have the unit doors shorter than the pocket? I am wondering whether it would be better to scrap the shelves in favour of units only, aesthetically. Also, we plan to build out and plaster the space above the door and shelves so it looks fully ‘built-in’, albeit there is a lot of possible storage space we lose that way. My inclination is that it might look too busy otherwise, and I don’t want to make a feature of more cupboard doors up there.

I’d be interested in any thoughts/advice

Thank you in advance

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.