christianbuildersltd

Before & After - Derelict Basement to Self Contained Flat

This project is part of a larger refurbishment, however, by concentrating on the basement first and getting it completed - the clients can rent this out whilst the rest of the refurbishments take place!

The basement of this period townhouse was dark, damp and derelict. It had no immediate access to the garden, and was unliveable. We have since reconfigured the layout to give them a self contained flat with direct access to the garden. It has it's own private street entrance, a double bedroom with an ensuite, a storage room, a separate WC and an open kitchen and living room with it's own utility room! By adding steps up to the garden and a sky light, it makes the whole space much brighter and you wouldn't think you were in a basement!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

More photos: