james_rice33

Advice on how to maximise space in Victorian living room

James Rice
5 years ago

Hi folks

Would very much appreciate advice from those with experience of clever room layout!

Around 10 months ago we bought a Victorian semi, and now we're trying to work out what furniture to place in the living room. An annotated plan of that room is below; we now have alcove cupboards and floating shelves either side of the fireplace on the west wall,.

In a perfect world, we would find a sofa that curves to fit the bay window gap, and then have an armchair in the southeast corner. A flatscreen TV would go on the north wall. The problem we're facing is that bay window sofas appear to be ruinously expensive; we're then looking at a normal sofa, but will have a gap between the bay window and the sofa, and the sofa will extend further into the room.

Have we missed an idea that could work? Any suggestions gratefully received...

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.