lesleyannhc

What to do with the fireplace?

lesleyannhc
5 years ago
Hi. We have bought a new house. It’s a 15 year old townhouse and I’m struggling after a life time of living in period properties . The house is more modern in design. I don’t like the wooden fire surround or fire place but don’t know what to do. My hubby thinks we should get rid altogether but I like the idea of a fireplace. I don’t tend to like very modern fireplaces. I thought about painting the surround the same as the walls, and maybe putting in a gas wood burner. But I’m not sure it will work in a house which is pulling me toward a more modern interior design. We have chosen West Elm grey velvet sofas, a retro blush accent chair, and marble and mango wood furniture, with some brass/gold accents. Our budget is limited also. Photos show before we bought the house to now. Help and advice gratefully accepted.

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.