dan_tree96

First post - Please help! L-Shaped Kitchen/Diner dilemma(s)!

Dan Tree
5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

First time poster here so please help (and be kind!).

Have a design for our extension and have some worries with it. For information, the bottom part of the "L" from this angle is the old kitchen and the door comes in through the living room. The next door up on the right is an under-stairs cupboard. Finally, the third door on the right (top one) is to the new utility room.

The two key dilemmas I have are thus:

1. Is the 2345mm gap to the left of the units / island wide enough to house a dining table and chairs (this space would therefore be 2345mm x 4100mm)? I fear it is too narrow but would be interested in others opinions as our kitchen designer obviously feels it is adequate...
  2. What to do with the old kitchen area as it now feels somewhat like a corridor to the new area. At present there are tower units set to go in there but we are less than convinced. We'd very much like to utilise it and make the best of it but as what? Is it large enough for a kitchen "nook"? Or is there a more purposeful use?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to cast their eyes over and offer an opinion.

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.