Need a fresh look at a kitchen design
I'm renovating my two bedroom, terrace house and would like a fresh look at the kitchen design. I've got a screen grab below with an idea of what I would like to do but fear that I'm stuck on my first idea and can't see better alternatives. Colours are not what i want, but Ikea do not offer much of a range. I'm thinking more in line with this scheme:
Some important things to note:
- The incoming water main sits below the sink (this is the main reason for the peninsula)
- The box on the left next to item 9 is a column roughly 300mm [1'] deep (coming away from the wall) by 400mm [1' 4"] wide which contains a boxed in waste pipe from the bathroom upstairs and hot and cold water pipes.
- The doors on wall A are to storage under the stairs (left) and the lounge (right), the door on the bottom wall is a set of french doors to the garden
- Beneath the letters B and C is a single storey extension so I am reluctant to have the extractor fan (and therefore hob) above this as it will be difficult to get the duct to an external wall
- Difficult to see but item 6 is a tall unit with built in oven and microwave, there is a fridge beneath items 17 and 18. Item 15 is a washing machine, and 12 (peninsula bottom right) is the dishwasher. 7 is a set of drawers, and there are drawers under the hob, but everything else is storage of some sort.
- The draining board of the sink will be on the left hand side - I couldn't get the Ikea planner to spin it round.
One of main main worries is "flow". I am concerned that the gap between the peninsula and cabinets to the right is too narrow (currently 1200mm [4']) with the fridge there but I cannot think of anywhere else to move it to without causing a new problem.
The house is essentially a building site at the moment so feel free to offer radical ideas!