sobi

Kitchen / family room - Tiles with or without underfloor heating?

sobi
10 years ago
We are faced with this dilemma regarding underfloor heating that connects to your boiler system. We are at the stage where we have to decide between natural stone tiles for this huge 45 m square area or laminate. I would love to have tiles, but am concerned that they will be too cold in winter. We have found that the cost of installing underfloor heating that runs on your boiler system costs £4,500 and that coupled with cost of natural stone tiles (£1900) and tile laying (£2000), the cost is just going up and up. Electric matts are not economical and my husband
wants to steer clear of them.

I wonder if anyone has used without underfloor heating and how do they feel in winters? Also how do you find laminate in comparison? Does it stand up to everyday kitchen wear and tear with little kids who like to spill drink and food everywhere. Please help!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.