gaynor589

Gloss or matt kitchen cupboard doors

gaynor589
22 March, 2019

My dilemma is whether to go for matt or gloss kitchen cupboard doors. I am concerned that matt painted cupboard doors will show up greasy fingermarks. Also are greasy fingermarks difficult to remove from matt painted doors

I vote matt. And I don’t think they are difficult to clean
  • Daisy England

I have both in different homes (have posted this before, so the question has been asked previously).

I have super matt in my main home. Dove grey colour. Handleless. Love them. They look great and stylish but when the light shines on them at a certain angle you can see any marks and they’re not as easy to clean off as in the case of gloss. As much as I try to never touch the door only the handleless strip I do forget. I don’t class them as easy to clean.

In my holiday homes I have white gloss handleless. Easy to clean but you can also easily see the marks.

It’s a 50/50 case I think. All down to personal preference.

• forzaitalia

I have gloss, but I much prefer the look of matt. I don’t think I had my thinking head on when I bought my kitchen!

Hobsons Choice

Matt is the better choice over gloss. We offer matt finish kitchens that are available in various materials, some of which that have a fingerprint proof surface, so you get the stylish soft look of the matt finish and the bonus of easy clean surfaces.

Kind regards,

Phil Harflett

hobsons|choice

01225 433511

• tamp75
    If it wasn’t down to cleaning, which look do you actually prefer? We have matt (had gloss previously) & prefer matt. A good microfibre cloth tends to get any marks off easily.
  • kikiamack
    I just use Flash Kitchen on my matt doors. It cleans away fingerprints easily.
  • Heidi Cullen

I understand the cleaning aspect but there are 2 other reasons to prefer gloss: 1) you just love the look and 2) gloss reflects the light round a dull/dark room. If the answer is no to these 2 questions then you should go with matt xx

Townhouse Design

Because we display Leicht and this Brand has finger print shrugging qualities to their matt lacquer I vote matt. Personally I think the worktop and floor choices reflects more light than the cabinet fronts. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Daniel at Townhouse Design. Harrogate

Dual Designs

It is definitely a personal opinion, but the trend at the moment is for matt. In our Specialist Range it is definitely the most popular. There are alot of images around to fuel this and rightly so, it is a big change and offers a whole new look (though simply just a different finish).

I'd choose matt for it's more subtle quality and in the right design looks stunning.