webuser2105

Kitchen-diner on a budget

Webuser 2105
5 years ago

Hi

My kitchen is tired n small. The builder suggested a 3m rear expansion would cost 20k plus the kitchen. I cannot spend a huge sum at the moment.

I have an integrated garage but part conversion would cost 10k.

Are the figures right?

I am posting the current floorplan and an option what I have in mind. I want to make sure it will work.

Option - Knock the wall between kitchen and dining. Move the door to the garage to the rear, convert rear part of garage (3x2.4) to a utlity area and put a peninsula in main kitchen. Is there enough space for a rectangle dining table then or would it be congested?

I want the hob and fridge in the main kitchen, sink &washing machine can be in utility. I love to have an island but fully understand it wont fit.

In case I extend the property after couple of years, I dont want this to go waste and everything should sync in.

Waiting for ideas.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.