Design Dilemma...1960 bungalow Help!

Abi Lewis
22 March, 2019

Hi,

We have a brick 1960's bungalow, already extended to create a fourth bedroom. As the kids have grown our home has shrunk (time to read "A Squash & A Squeeze" again) and we are in need of more "downstairs" living space. Like most, this needs to be done on a budget.

I have drawn, fairly badly, the current configuration of our space and shown in dashed lines where we can extend - best place for planning, neighbours and an old garage that needs pulling down. We cannot see how to make things work.

So, these are the dilemmas:

• How can we create a useful hall with storage for size 13 shoes, cricket gear etc;
  • Can we get round using the lounge for access to the bedrooms?
  • Should the lounge and kitchen join?
  • Can we achieve another shower room (not bothered with en suite);
  • Loft space in extension - where would the stairs go?
  • Lighting?

We really are clueless and will appreciate anything you have to offer. With thanks.