moores77

Front door and door surround colour

moores77
23 March, 2019
Hi, I’ve recently had fitted anthracite window frames to a 1920s semi. The render on the walls has been painted white. I’m looking for ideas on what colour to have the front door and door surround that’s not anthracite which is the obvious choice. Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance

• Monica

Hi Moores, I think sky is the limit given the white render, so maybe pick a bold colour you have used as an accent in the interior and really make a feature of the entrance??

I am one of those who ended up painting our front door the dark obvious choice, but I had a busy and quite a dark brick exterior to contend with, and I just couldn't imagine myself living with nothing too jazzy against it. I did try though )

Which way does your home faces? and can you attach a picture ? Is the door design of the 20's period? Sorry for many questions

• moores77
    Hi Monica, the front of the house faces NW. I’ve not got a photo at the moment. There’s an ugly wooden and brick porch which I’m going to take down. The door style I’m interested in is a 1930’s style with the glass at the top, a bit like this style door. The hall way is a blank canvas at the moment but I’m liking the idea of bold tiles in the hall way x
  • Sven

A golden yellow colour would work well with the style, aspect, existing colours and would be a cheery colour as you enter your home.

• forzaitalia

I’ve a 1930’s house and I chose F&B Cooks Blue, but to be honest I think you could choose any bold colour. It would look fab. You could go soft green to be safe, but a Houzzer (Sam Potter) recently painted her front door bright yellow and it is gorgeous. Heres my front door and another in yellow to give you ideas.

• moores77
    Thanks Forzaitalia & Sven I like the yellow idea x
  • moores77
    Would a white door frame be best? I can’t imagine an anthracite frame would work x
  • Sven

I do like a high gloss white door frame but rqually nice would be country 1930s colours: cream and Cornish blue or sage green.