toutesuite

How should I style this decorative shelf?

toutesuite
5 years ago

I cleared this shelf with the intention to use it as a decorative accent. But I think it looks uncluttered and unfocussed at the moment and not decorative at all.

The rest of the room is white, pine and grey-blue accents.

Crucially, the shelf is HIGHER THAN EYE LEVEL, which means small items like bud vases, the small teapot and the candle are not visually impactful on the shelf. The first picture from below is an accurate representation of how the shelf looks rather than the second picture which I took from a higher angle so you could see the items more clearly. (I appreciate the pictured lamp gets in the way but I can't move it for practical reasons, and with the shelf being in a corner the lamp is not very noticeable in person.)

The frames, print and objects currently on display were lying around and the photos are from coffee table books so this cost nothing as I'm on a budget. My style is very much minimalist with a slight touch of bohemian, and and plant, flower and nature inspired.

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.