sally_harrison68

living room layout...starting from scratch

LTS
5 years ago
Hi. So this is our current set up. The room is roughly 4.6m x 3.8m. All of the furniture can be replaced apart from the wood bookcase which I plan to paint.

My husband has suggested blocking up the chimney so we can use that wall for a sofa, keep a sofa on the right hand side wall, put the tv in the bottom left hand corner & change the door to a sliding door - with this configuration we would be able to see outside more, lol. I’m unsure about this as we wouldn’t have a focal point but have read you can put a fancy mirror or something above a sofa & side tables either side with lamps...similar to the set up in this pic
Inverness Circle · More Info

We need to replace the radiator underneath the window so we could put in a nicer one or cover it with a radiator cover. We also wouldn’t have room for curtains with the tv so close.

Or we could keep a similar layout as we currently have, install a log burner & replace the chair with a sofa. The tv seems to have to stay in a corner no matter what, which means a corner unit which are limited in choice.

What would you suggest? Open to all ideas! Thanks :)

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.