heather_bailiff

gold taps and chrome shower cubicle - yay or nay?

Heather
25 March, 2019
Hi all, we are looking to get most probably brushed gold effect taps for new bathroom, so brushed gold for bath and basin taps, as well as brushed gold effect shower head, concealed valve and little handheld for separate quadrant shower. The shower cubicle itself we are looking to get has chrome fittings, we unfortunately don’t have space for a walk in shower so it has to be an enclosure.

I think it looks alright on my mood board but just wondering will the gold shower head look odd with a chrome shower enclosure? Should we go for a shower enclosure with black fittings instead? (Ignore the black shower tray and black towel rail as not 100% decided on these yet)
black shower enclosure
other (please suggest below!)
chrome shower enclosure

Bathroom Trend

Black frames and smoked glass is very much on trend at the minute, more and more suppliers are adding black framed screens (esp Crittall Inspired) and black taps are this seasons big feature, not just in the bathroom either it seems to be pulling in to the Kitchen too!

• Heather
    Thanks bathroom trend, yet I love Crittal enclosures but don’t thing you can get a quadrant Crittal style enclosure! We did think about black taps but would like something with a little colour and warmth I think. Also trying to avoid black where possible because of limescale!
    Dabrovska Design

I think it can work, but perhaps there's an option of an enclosure that has lesser amount if chrome details.

Below is an example of two different finishes used alongside. I know it's an enclosure you can't have, but just to visualise the principle.

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/simpsons-design-quadrant-single-hinged-door-shower-enclosure-3-size-options?campaign=googlebase&PS2PVV1=4511&gclid=CjwKCAjw-OHkBRBkEiwAoOZqlx12MfkjzrD3FwbfqA2Bhdt_2NRVwoa-js2NvS9oO0-nVzelFKtJ-RoCrv4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Bathroom Trend

This is the closest we come i.e black frame quadrant or you can have it with smoked glass

• Beano
    Sometimes a trend colour doesn’t work for me and those black shower quadrants really stand out! Not in a good way
  • Heather
    Thanks guys, think overall as just the shower cubicle, I much prefer the chrome over black, but when you add in a gold shower head, I prefer black over chrome!

Wondering whether should get shower head in chrome but bath tap and basin tap in gold (exactly same style), then can get chrome shower - or is that going to look even more odd?

Thanks for the photos, I’m struggling to find pictures showing gold showerhead and chrome enclosure!