huw_buckley

What colour tiles to go with this kitchen?

Huw Buckley
25 March, 2019

Hi guys, attached is a pic of the Magnet kitchen I've ordered complete with quartz worktops. The walls will be painted off white and is south and north facing. Flooring will be oak parquet effect lvt or vinyl sheet. What colour tiles do you recommend? I preferred tiles to upstands.

Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman

Copper glass tiles would look great.

• Monica

I think something that will warm up the scheme a little would be nice. MATH's copper tiles would work, also consider bricks, a textured mid grey tile would play the tone on tone but add more interest to the scheme, and even a patterned tile would work BUT you would need the scale of the design quite small. I feel the big bold designs will fight with the dark cabinets for attention a bit too much.

You can definitely afford to play UP the the drama those dark cabinets offer as opposed to going for safer options and keep it plain and light. If going for pattern choose designs with warmer tones like taupes and grey not stark white and grey. Hope this helps and please let us know how it's progressing :)

• forzaitalia
    I agree with Monica. A patterned tile would look amazing. There are some geometrics, even in white, that lend a fresh look to a kitchen.
    colourhappy

I like the idea of a patterned tile. Mandarin Stone do some interesting ones such as these. I haven't seen them in the flesh so to speak, but I do like the dark, warm and cool aspects and they may work with your handles.