heather_bailiff

Help on various kitchen decisions before ordering next week!

Heather
5 years ago

Hi all,

We need to order kitchen next week nd need a bit of help! Already sorted layout of units/style/colour (stanbury kitchen from DIY kitchens in Hague blue) and bought brass knobs and handles, decided on most appliances as well. Looking for advice on:

Sink and Tap

We have bought some lovely brass knobs and handles. Thinking about an undermount sink and tap both in brushed stainless steel (nothing too shiny). Will this look weird? Just going for a normal tap not a boiling water one or anything.

The oven/micro/warming drawer will be NEFF ones so mainly black with a bit of stainless steel on the side. Hob is black induction hob as well.

Should we go for a belfast sink? The sink is going on 1 x 600 unit and we definitely want just one large sink rather than a medium sized and little sink.

Worktop & Splashback

Worktop is eternal statuario quartz. Should we have an upstand or just have it completely flat?

Thinking about a pale grey brick effect tile for splash back, across entire wall where hob is, below wall units and extending round 'the corner' to the tall units. where the extractor is we would continue the tiled splash back up to the bottom of the extractor. would this look ok? We found a really nice tile which goes well with the worktop but worried about tiles being a pain to keep clean behind the hob? shall we go for a darker grout? Any other ideas for the splash back as we are not 100% set on tiles and fear we might have done brick effect tiles to death in the 2 new bathrooms!

Also thought about hexagonal tiles as have hexagonal knobs but worried might looks a bit too hexagonal-y?!

Extractor

Hob is 900mm induction, so guessing we need a 1200 extractor? Black, Stainless steel or mixture of both? We are getting a ducted out one as extractor is against an external wall, want maximum extraction possible so happy to and have budgeted to splash out a bit for a decent extractor - any recommendations?

Lighting

Will have a few ceiling spotlights dotted around but would really like a couple of pendant lights above island. Island is 1800 x 900 so i'm thinking 2 rather than 3 as 3 might look a bit busy? Any recommendations for pendant lighting?

Will post some photos of layout and various things we have decided on already

Thank you in advance for any responses!

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.