starting a side extension

Charlotte Harrison
5 April, 2019
Hi all. We’re are just about to start the process to having a two story side extension put in. We haven’t done anything yet but would like to go to the designers with some firm ideas so was hoping to get some inspiration from others. We were thinking of adding a utility room downstairs and a large bedroom upstairs. We are an active family with two young boys and love the open plan layout we have but just want a bit more space for when the boys are older. The utility room would be for dumping all the coats and shoes and somewhere for laundry and school bags and the fourth bedroom upstairs would give both boys big bedrooms. If anyone could give us more specific suggestions we’d be very grateful! Thank you!
I’ve attached a plan of the house as it is (the door from living area to playroom is missing on the plan). We’re suggesting to fill the area in red.