susandavies73

Can you mix crittal style with flatter profile windows and doors

We want to use the Smart heritage system (with added bars for the crittal effect) for all the windows and doors of our house remodel. I am coming unstuck though as we have a large bifold door area that we want to be able to open all the way up and a new large window space that we also want to open all the way. With the heritage/traditonal look/system you can only have french doors and windows so to get the opening we want we need to go for a flatter profile window/door that bifolds and add the bars to it eg still the smart system but not the exact heritage range. I am worried that having this different style in these areas will look rubbish or undermine the overall crittal look. Has anyone mixed these more traditional profiles and modern profiles to good effect, or know whether this should be done? Many thanks!

Comment (1)