gaelle_perreaux

Kitchen Diner layout issue (where is my island supposed to go!)

Gaelle
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello

I have been lurking for a while here and you are always of such good advice and helpful I thought I would seek your assistance.

We think we have found a house we like and might go for it. The property has the potential in having that mega kitchen/diner snug that we want in converting the garage which is integrated to the house but this would be a large expense that we would like to avoid when we just buy the house.

So I am trying to see if this property could work with just a new kitchen for the next few years and when we are "richer" to go for the extention.

I really want an island and I am struggling to design something that could work, I have done an illustration. What do you think? Could this work? Would you have any better idea to have an island with a couple of seatings in there?

The dining corner is actually something we would get built as a dining booth to spend time with friends when we have diner.

What am I worried about is that it looks too cramped in here and not as pretty what I have in mind.

I really be grateful of your point of view and advice. Thank you

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.