ew_ws

What chairs with this table?

Ewa Mc
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hey

I‘m getting a table as per picture (white marble worktop and black metal legs). My interior is contemporary/modern - white high gloss kitchen, grey floor tiles, sleet grey bifolds. Wooden interior doors, adjacent livino room has a wooden floor.

Will the chairs in the link go with this dining table? I’m thinking white or light grey colour.

https://www.lakeland-furniture.co.uk/dsw-dining-chair-white?gclid=CjwKCAjwqLblBRBYEiwAV3pCJhnMvd-a3Lz0uMgx6XkpXW1uP0gfMv3v70L_qJ4Yww0KPgwbs0scZhoCDwgQAvD_BwE

Comments (41)

• Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    The table is lovely - very industrial glam.
    I’ve had those chairs and paired them with a big wooden table which had wood legs and a grey top.
    However, I’m not sure they would work with that table - thing it’s the legs? Are the wood doors in your house also that pale wood colour?
    If they were black or a stronger colour then it would look better.

Do you have any other chair options you like?
  • Related Discussions

Furniture for a 'designed' look lounge

Q

Comments (6)
    Difficult to say without knowing your personality and possible acoustic requirements - when you say music room is it for listening to music or playing instruments or both? would you like to continue with this style or are you more eclectic. What you have chosen is very new, smooth, angular and 'masculine' (not saying that's a bad thing) so would suggest making sure you add some texture (thick carpet or rugs), some 'life' (plants with large rounded leaves, something made of wood) and some colour/pattern (books and interesting items on the shelves - although don't rush to fill them, a couple of large art pieces for the walls, a few cushions - for comfort, not dozens) and remember to add a but of fun that doesn't need to 'co-ordinate' (I love the speakers in orange otherwise I'd go for white). A rich brown suede leather sofa would complement but soften the chair. I would also wait until you have the room ready and if you definitely want these pieces wait until they arrive and see how the space looks and feels for a while before buying anything else. Space changes as you put things into it.
    ...See More

Dining room what colour walls will go wth table and chairs

Q

Comments (1)
    Duplicate post
    ...See More

What sort of dining chairs will go with this table.

Q

Comments (5)
    What style of chair were you looking at? This kind of style would work
    ...See More

What style of kitchen table and chairs to go for?

Q

Comments (11)
    ... also, i should add a caveat - the kitchen is still being rennovated - as you can clearly see by the fact that we don't have lamp lights above the sink, just wires - that's not the finish ;D (The kitchen pendants above the sink are these ones: https://www.industville.co.uk/products/brooklyn-glass-cone-pendant-light-7-inch?variant=9994088837&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxJqHBhC4ARIsAChq4atiHbRuKl-1YwIt2EIWwK8W3YdupQJD53iIkLCwvJR-gEpO6BbRnZcaAnO6EALw_wcB i.e. holophane style glasss little pendants x3)
    ...See More
  • Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    Ps white are harder to keep clean as I found out. Ha ha.

Would either go black seats and paint the wood legs white or pale grey(or stain to match your doors)

Or white chairs and paint the legs etc.
    Ie that’s if you can’t afford the metal leg versions or all black leg versions as I know the link to the chairs had cheap ones. The others I think are more expensive but less work if you need to alter them.
  • Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi everyone. I’m sorry for not responding. I’d like to send a picture of the actual dining area and send to the forum, you might just have to excuse the clutter :-). We’ve got wooden doors and adjacent to the dining room we have a living room with wooden floor. Hence I thought the chairs might work in harmony with the rest of the interior :-).

re the colour - white is my fav but I have exactly the same concern - prone to be dirty/get scratches etc If white.

let me take a pic and send shortly

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I do apologise for a mess, tidying it up now :) But I hope this gives you a sense of colours/wood proportions etc. Where the mess is, there will be a table. Any further tips/advice? :)

The last picture is a view from the kitchen area to the dining area. The first two pictures show you the dining area from two different angles as well as the living room floor/door :)

• minnie101
    5 years ago

On my screen the white chair looks cream so I wouldn't put it with the table and I probably wouldn't introduce more grey. What's your budget per chair?

that clutter is excusable btw :)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you :) def no cream chairs :-) good you confirmed that’s it’s not a good idea :)

budget...I guess up to 70-80 per chair or cheaper if I accept that they might need changing in a few years and might get damaged. what do you think about the white one (or different colour) from the link I posted or other people suggested?

thank uou

• minnie101
    5 years ago

In terms of the other colours on the link you posted they seem either too bright or grey! The teal would be my favourite but I think you'd really need to warm the room up with maybe wood bowl, belly basket etc. I like the one Hugh posted attached as last pic and the one I've added is also cult furniture for the same price. I think leather would really warm it and obviously works so well with an industrial look, they also look a bit more comfortable :)

• PRO
    User
    5 years ago

I wouldn't go with more grey, I think having seen your room, that the white with the wooden legs will look really nice and break it up a bit. Not the most perfect work in the world, but you get the idea:-

Also, i found those chairs on sale at :- Sklum for just £ 18.98 each, BARGAIN !

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

wow! My husbands jaw has dropped when he saw all your ideas AND the visuals. You are inspirational! Once I clear the mess in the dining area, I will have to do a similar exercise with the visuals As it really helps to “Stress test” different colours and Styles.

I like the idea of teal or white chairs...and the plant in the basket in the corner!!!:-)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Apart from Lakeland shop, do you know any other shops with Eames replicas worth looking at? Perhaps padded? Any recommendations will be appreciated :-)

• minnie101
    5 years ago

I don't have any so couldn't say :( the white of the ones Hugh posted from Sklum appears to work better though?

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I’ve seen Sklum many times on google but I must admit I’ve never used this shop - is it reputable? I will check out the link as indeed it sounds like a bargain :-)

• Danielle H
    5 years ago
    I bought my Eames rocker off Cult furniture about 4-5 years ago and I’ve had no issues with the quality. It did arrive with a mark on the wood rockers but they replaced them free of charge so good customer service too.
  • Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks for sharing :)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ok folks, update :-) here is the table from different angles and I also include pics of the kitchen to show you how much grey/white there is... any more ideas regarding the chairs? I fear white will be too much (yet it was my first preference). Teal is on my mind... not sure thougH, any thoughts?

• minnie101
    4 years ago

The photos haven't uploaded, try waiting until they go clear (can take a while!)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

The brick wall is white.... still tidying up around, getting there :)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Indeed, took a white to upload:-) thanks for already looking out for this, I’m very much looking forward to your feedback and suggestions

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I definitely would like to add lots of floor plants,t I think by the bifold doors on both sides potentially . It might help with the vision ;-)

• minnie101
    4 years ago

I agree, it could be too much white. I've just seen your other post. Have you decided on a splashback yet?

just wondering what you thought of a rattan chair and will see I find I can find some in budget? I do like the teal one as I said before but obviously grey, white and teal is a cold colour combination so would definitely need to add things to warm it up

The room is looking good though and I think adding the plants would look fab

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I just showed it to my husband, he’s not that keen on rattan, however, I’m still open to suggestions with rattan (if I make a mock up it might be better to visualise ;)) or any other warm colour? Perhaps I should match chairs and splashback?:)

• Lena
    4 years ago
    One of my favourite pics. Although tables are different, the colour scheme is similar to yours I think.

A colourful London home · More Info

White chairs can always be covered with sheep skin rugs, they come in different colours and would add another dimension to the space with a restricted colour palette.

I ended up owning about five or more sheep skin rugs as we use them throughout the house. They are very comfy and last forever!
  • minnie101
    4 years ago

Oh ok! So I can't photoshop and nor could I shrink the art to the size I wanted (!) but how about adding a gallery wall between the lights to add a bit of colour? If you went with the teal chairs you could consider some/all the frames in wood for more warmth and maybe an artisan wooden bowl on the table? Were you thinking tiles or glass etc for splashback?

• mattweeksdj
    4 years ago
    What about a bench and a couple of chairs?
  • Danielle H
    4 years ago
    How about Kartell Masters chairs (or a copy of them)? Available in lots of colours and also look great with a sheepskin as mentioned above. I got mine off eBay, around £100 for 4 but mine are for very occasional use. Probably not the best quality you can get but there are varying levels. They are also stackable, your table looks like it’s able to extend? Handy for when you don’t need the extra chairs.
  • Mandy Ross
    4 years ago
    If you like the Eames style chairs try Amazon, less expensive(£30 or cheaper) great value and a range of colours to choose from.
  • Kazza None
    4 years ago
    I was also going to suggest kartell masters but you beat me to it. I think they'd look great.
  • Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hey all

Thanks again for your time and all your suggestions :-) you are amazing and very resourceful.

I’ve ordered two DSW Eames chairs as couldn’t decide on the colour! What do you think?

What do you think?

Thanks

• minnie101
    4 years ago

The teal for me :)

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago
    Agree with Minnie - teal
  • Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks both :)

it (teal) does look like on your mock up Minnie :)

• minnie101
    4 years ago

The colour does, I'm not sure my mock up of the chairs behind the table were quite that successful :)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The shop has run out of teal chairs (due delivery end in July!);(.

they have one more chair left... what do you think about a combination of combining three colours? (there are four in the picture below but I would go for light rather than dark grey)

i wish I could make it all teal and I can’t find anything else online (SKLUM offers the same or similar chairs but I know little about them)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I owe you an update! As the other company ran out of the teal chairs and we would have had to wait for far too long, we decided to go for chairs from Dwell... we like them a lot too :)

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I just need to get a bigger plant :-)

thanks for all your tips!!

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 years ago

I came across a product recently at the Clerkenwell Design Week, which I thought was rather fun, especially as it is 100% recycled material, made in the UK, has a multitude of colour options, comes with a 20 year warranty and can be recycled at the end of its usefulness.

Have a look at http://www.kieurope.com/Postura/

It was developed for the education market, but is surprisingly comfortable to sit on.

• PRO
    The Rigid Kitchen Company
    4 years ago

Have a look at Peppermill Interiors online, they have a huge range of chairs and stools.

• Ewa Mc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I’m not looking for chairs (I.e. See above) but thanks

• Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

I would go for teal, cognac or russet. I love Minnie's suggestions.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.