celine_fenech

New extension but is it an economy to reuse old kitchen doors/draws?

Celine Fenech
5 years ago
We are completing a new rear extension and the budget is tight. I always thought I would keep our existing Howdens Burford grey shakers kitchen which is only 6 years old (installed by previous owners). Now that I contemplate what I like it is kind of that style of kitchen but with a more modern twist and with a different colour. The builders only salvaged the doors, draws and put all the carcasses in the skip. So am I going to struggle redesigning a new layout kitchen with some of the old kitchen doors/draws, potentially getting them professionally painted (bearing in mind they are PVC wrapped mdf) and finding carcasses to fit them? Is it worth going to back to Howdens (they only serve trade apparently) is it going to be worth trying to make it work or would it be cheaper to start from scratch? Attached are a few photos of old kitchen and drawings of new extension.

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.