dor_ci

House/flat new build

Dor Ci
last year
last modified: last year

Layout problems of room location and bathroom and bedroom problem. Any ideas on what to do with doorway to bathroom? Or layout of shower, sink, toilet. Want bedroom to fit a double bed, and still in same location (right side).How do u put plan on here?

• Dor Ci
    last year

Want both rooms to be separated.

Archimode Architects
    last year

HI Doc, did you engage an architect to design the proposed plans for this new built house/flat?

Design ideas for a New Build, UK Flat/Apartment

Hey Michael, Congratulations on the new home - how exciting! Have a look at these two articles for a few decorating ideas when trying to make a new-build feel like a home (no magnolia in sight!). https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/decorating-8-ways-to-make-a-new-build-property-feel-like-home-stsetivw-vs~35165841 https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/decorating-8-more-ways-to-make-a-new-build-property-feel-like-home-stsetivw-vs~35165853

New house build

Hello Spurrier120, It would be a nice idea to give your intended location for the build.. That way it is easier to suggest companies and websites... I'm in London (and do design procurement and styling) for example - many companies don't need to be local but it can certainly be of some help to know who and what to suggest. If you're looking for specific architects.. You may want to consider those who have specialty experience based on any needs of the build.. In terms of views! Make sure you have beautiful windows that perhaps open in unusual ways to allow the building to blend with the outside. Or cantilever window designs... Of course this depends on the land it sits on.. I'll find some nice images of what I mean window wise..Budget is a consideration too.. : ))

New family home building project

Make sure that when you get a builder, you choose with care to get someone that will keep you posted and discuss all details well in advance of requirements on the actual build. I would say that as it's a big build, you might want to consider a project manager, it will save you time and money in the end. Unless you are able to do this yourself, then it's possible to hold up the build by not making decisions quickly enough, having time to research them etc. Roof tiles are one thing, but there will be many, many things that you need to know in advance of the build. ie:- Bathroom sanitary ware, what, where? Kitchen, designed in advance so that the electrics can go in where they need to. Electric points, how many, where. ( you need to know how the room is going to be laid out to decide this accurately ). Basically, you need to be able to envisage the whole thing finished and furnished to know what goes where.

new house build Rayovo nr Borovets

Have a 1100 sqm plot in Rayovo village need to remove ruin and design and build new property, can anyone advise on architect planning and build thanks
  • Dor Ci
    last year

Hi. This new build is in hk. A construction company is doing plans.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Any ideas on this dilemma?

• rinq
    last year

If the bathroom HAS to go on the left, I would not change much on the layout, maybe flip toilet and sink. Look for a compact toilet, so it won't interfere with the walkway. The sink next to the shower will give you a little more space to move around (and dry after a shower).

• rinq
    last year

Is it a single bedroom flat? If so, the bathroom door could go in the bedroom. But then every guest would have to go through the bedroom too... It would not give any more space for furniture, but it would open the bedroom up a bit.

• Dor Ci
    last year
    last modified: last year

Thank you for the ideas, much appreciated. I didn't want it to be a ensuite, as you said guests need to go through bedrm. So having toilet at the lowest part (height) in rm, wld be better than sink in that area? Think the walkway is 2500 height and understairs height is 1300 only.

Would moving whole staircase from below open up the room and solve the problem?

So the doorway can be slanted. I did want the bedroom to have a bit more space. Is there any other way to open up bedrm without door going into toilet?

• Dor Ci
    last year

It is a whole new build with 3 separate apartments. So whole staircase can be moved backwards.

• Dor Ci
    last year

• Dor Ci
    last year

Flipping sink and toilet is a good idea, get more space when out of shower.

• rinq
    last year

" Would moving whole staircase from below open up the room and solve the problem? "

Yes. 130cm is way too low for a sink or a toilet..

Other solutions? Please post the full floorplan.

• Dor Ci
    last year

I am unsure of the height, i assume it is low as understairs.

• Dor Ci
    last year

• Dor Ci
    last year

Kitchen and living/dinning rm partition is half glass, to natural light can flood into flat. Kitchen area leads into balcony, so will use it as a outdoor dinning area. Before they had bedrm here, which i thought was a waste of natural light floating into main living area and closes off the main area, making it feel small.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Ground floor entrance to 1st floor, my apartment. Ground floor belongs to brother.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Any solutions to a small flat and bathroom/bedroom problem? Staircase is the tricky part, as its a middle flat. Middle flat space being used up by staircase.

• rinq
    last year

And the third floor layout? Also an apartment? Because there has to be a second soil pipe somewhere (3rd floor toilet can't go in that corner and then there's the kitchens).

• Dor Ci
    last year

• Dor Ci
    last year

The build is made from poured concrete and steel rods inside

• Dor Ci
    last year

All 3 levels are separate apartments

• Dor Ci
    last year
    last modified: last year

In hk, it is called ground fl, 1st fl, and 2nd. It would be a end terrace block. Staircase side is where there is a property.

• Dor Ci
    last year

What do you mean by second soil pipe? Think only one soil pipe, then divided in sections.

• rinq
    last year

A toilet needs a wider pipe and horizontal pipes clog easier, so try to plan the toilets above eachother and soil pipes mostly vertically or at least as short as possible. For warm water it would also be better to plan kitchens and bathrooms close to one another.

Can you still change the floorplans of all three floors? Brother sleeps on the sofa? ;)

• rinq
    last year

Sidenote: How will you get a bed into that bedroom?

• Dor Ci
    last year

Think construction company will think about the pipes, thats why want to know where we want room locations. Staircase can be moved forwrd or backwards. Ground floor will hav foldaway beds.

Which bedroom are you talking about in regards to mattress?

Can change floorplans? What ideas do u have? Don't u think layout is ok for 2nd floor and ground fl and middle fl.

All 3 floors will hav access to front scenary and balcony, front garden when in living rm, kitchen rm.

Middle floor my floor not sure of bedrm and toilet walkway.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Open to suggestions anyone.

• rinq
    last year

1: Storage door moved.

2: Flipped bed and bath. Closet moved. A little more space in the kitchen, over the stairs (small table?) Could come up with something better, but this was a quick idea.

3: Flipped bed and bath too, because of soil pipe and entrance door. Bed could have a curtain. Closet partially over stairs. Flipped kitchen and living for soil pipe reasons too (having them mostly vertical will prevent clogging and probably cheaper to build).

Have you consulted an architect yet?

• Dor Ci
    last year

Thank you for the plans and taking time to do them, plans were done by construction company, who shd hav architect. Unsure who wld hav done them within company.

Has middle fl staircase changed in length, think they said it wld be 15 steps. Also having bathroom on right side, would be above ground fl kitchen, would that not affect pipes? I think pipes wld run on back wall for both ground fl and middle fl. Also, bedroom would be understairs, not too keen, if other way was still feasible. Sorry so many questions. Did u hav a look at moving staircase forwards?

• Dor Ci
    last year

Ground fl having one main door at front?

• rinq
    last year

Easiest and probably safest (fire) would be to build all stairs on top of eachother, but since it is a quite narrow plot that would require some space. Good thing you have a corner house, so you can have windows on the side wall.

Also stacking all kitchens and/or baths would be easiest for vertical soil pipes.

• rinq
    last year
    last modified: last year

Note: One main door would be ok. And I haven't counted the steps, I just chopped up your floorplans in Gimp. Anything you'd like to see changed in your own layout, should be adjusted by your builder. I'm just having fun with 'logical' flow.

Would you rather sleep with your feet (partially) under a stairs or wash your face under 130cm? ;)

• rinq
    last year

1: Every apartment now has the same kitchen and bathroom, easy plumbing, short hot water pipes. Leave the rest open to create your own layout. Central staircase sideways, safer in case of fire. Imagine enough windows and front doors with frosted glass, for example. Some extra storage under the stairs, maybe for a shared washing machine?

2: Same open layout on your floor, just added a small wall where the bed could go (with a curtain in the day) and some other furniture suggestions. Balcony accessible via the central staircase.

3: Top floor. Haven't done anything to the windows, adjust them where wanted.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Thank you for your time and ideas, much appreciated. I was thinking once the ground fl moves the doorway to the right and then would free up some space allowing it to be under 1800. As whole staircase would be shifted forward. As it seems it would allow for an extra 1019mm for the bathroom under stairs.

Staircase is on top of each other.

Because the build is in Hong Kong, don't know how they do stuff.

• Dor Ci
    last year

If staircase is there, it would block balcony. Also, I forgot to say, in the future, ground fl might have a side extension and think it will be all bedroom.

If the staircase was flipped to back then it would be good, but there is a tall wall behind it with a public foot path, for the houses up there. Is kind of like houses being built on hill but step up each one.

• rinq
    last year

It will be in front of the balconies, not really block it, they're both accessible. Like I've said, plenty of windows (maybe frosted) would let in plenty of light, plus there's windows on the sides.

Not saying it would be the best solution. Just trying to see what could also work.

• Dor Ci
    last year

oh, i see what you mean, but then ground floor won't have access to front garden.

• rinq
    last year

True, would have to go through the main entry. But on the bright side: all apartments have rather nice open plan layouts, not too many nooks/corners/hallways. ;)

• Dor Ci
    last year

It is something like this but smaller and narrower.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Think brother wants access to front garden to grow stuff. My dilemma is the middle floor plan. Would you like a bedroom near balcony area or want a kitchen there?

• Dor Ci
    last year

actually picture is not that true, as neighbour balcony is close to our balcony.

• rinq
    last year

I'd like a little more space to move around (and not bump my head) in both bedroom and bathroom. So in this case I'd opt for a bed near the balcony, because it would give a little more space to prevent the sink/toilet from going under the stairs.

Having lived in a single room apartment (25m2) for years -and I loved it- I know making it flow and practical is so very important. Personally I did not mind my bed being used as a sofa too, but I did have quite a deep closet, so I could hang my clothes on the door (that didn't need washing yet) and had quite a large bathroom, so my dirty clothes were in a hamper.

• rinq
    last year

Such as this?

Bigger bathroom, moved the toilet from under the stairs, added a pocket/sliding door. Compact kitchen but added a dining bar with cabinets on the living area side (where you already designed some type of closet). Pony wall between bed and sofa (no need for glass partition, just low enough for privacy and light from outside), your alarm bell can go on top. ;)

In that case I'd also advise to have the top floor bathroom and kitchen in that same area. Let it as a studio flat so the rental can plan it's own layout.

• Dor Ci
    last year

It is funny, how you have now done the plan similar to 1st plan that they gave us, as i think they were thinking about pipes etc. But ur one looks better. I changed the layout as feng shui is not good. My other dilemma, has to have good feng shui in doing new layout as new build :) makes life difficult now.

• Dor Ci
    last year

Are you an architect? Or you just like helping people. I do value your tips and help. Thank you

• rinq
    last year

I'm dutch and don't know feng shui, just common sense ;)

And I'm no architect, I've studied interior building and furniture making and my current job is kitchen planning. Houzz is my hobby and I love helping people with my hobby.

What is or isn't feng shui about the builders'layout? Or mine?

• Dor Ci
    last year
    last modified: last year

Very interesting. Do you still make furniture in your spare time?

So feng shui no no.

No- kitchen under bathroom, so would have to think what is below middle floor or facing bathroom door. Bathroom door close to oven.

Plan: have to go through kitchen to go bathroom, kitchen facing bathroom door.

No- bathroom in center of home, close and facing front door, close and facing kitchen, in money area (which is the right side).

Plan: same as above reason.

No bedroom above bathroom.

No front dr going to into kitchen area.

• J
    last year
    can you enter the apartments from the side of the building?
  • Dor Ci
    last year

No, have to be from front.

• rinq
    last year

So you want the kitchen on the money side and the bathrooms above eachother on the left side in a corner away from the entry?

I'd really suggest visiting a feng shui interior designer, since the house is quite narrow.

And to answer your other question: With a job, a 4 year old and a house that still needs a lot of work (renovation), there's not much time (and energy) to make any furniture. But I love my life, all my creativity goes into it.