mgreen8

Victorian Side Return Extension - Plan Dilemma

Martin
5 years ago

Hi,

We're shortly undertaking a standard side return extension on our 2 bed Victorian terrace. We're trying to decide how many windows we need. The draft plans have 4 roughly 1mx1m velux, 3 on the side and 1 on the rear slope. But we do have the option to add another velux to the rear slope for £700. I am wondering is it's needed? FWIW the new kitchen will be 6.4m long and 4.6m wide with 3.5m bifolds out onto a north east facing garden

We're also wondering how to finish the middle living room. Ideally we'd close off where the window currently sits on the side return completely as it gives us all that corner wall space but would it be too dark?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps others have undertaken similar project on here

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.