rashad_mujib

Enlighten my home extension/remodelling thoughts please!

1HB
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am planning to extend and completely redesign the internal layout of my house. The house is currently a 4 bed but could possibly be extended to 5/6 beds. I have already appointed an architect and he has just sent me the first draft for our thoughts and then discussions with him in a few days.

To have a constructive discussion with the architect, I need some ideas, but this is where I struggle. However, I was wondering if fellow houzz users can help brainstorm some please!

Please take a look at the current and proposed plans (first draft) for your review and consider the following :

1. where to house the utility/boiler room etc.? I do not wish to have it included as part of kitchen/family room, as it will be reducing the size. I was thinking of putting the boiler/water tank in the loft?

2. I still feel that the ground floor is not flowing well. Any thoughts here please?

3. Any thoughts on the first floor proposed plans please?

Or the option 2 will be:

1. Not to do the double storey side extension, However, just do a single as the kitchen/family room on the left and build the second storey above the existing right side extension.

2. Keep 4 beds, increase sizes of the 2 small beds and improve the layout throughout the house with 1 family bath and 1 master ensuite.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Any ideas/thoughts will be greatly helpful and much appreciated, thanks!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.