paula_jackson82

Champagne bathroom suite

Paula Jackson

Hi I have a champagne bathroom suite consisting of extra wide spa bath, pedestal sink, stone shower tray, toilet and wait for it........bidet, yes I have a bidet!!!!. We installed in as you may guess in the late 80's and unlike previous similar thread I still love it. We have gold fitting and updated those a few years ago, we are planning a more extensive rehab because I still don't want to part with it, it was very expensive and consequently is in amazing condition.

We're planning to move the bath onto a wall where it will be the only thing so we plan to tile across the bath panel area and deep shelf top and bottom. We are re-tiling with modern tiles and would like to insert the pedestal basin into a vanity unit. The bidet is going and will be sold to a company that specialise in retired bathroom suites and the shower tray is going and will also be sold and we are planning to create wet room. We have a pretty window and will replace curtains with a roman blind.

Currently we have all 4 walls tiled and I'm not sure whether to have a painted wall or 2 or not and my dilemma is what colour wood to have for the vanity unit. The door is going to be light oak and the window is rosewood.

I'm sticking with gold fittings, because I don't think silver tones in with champagne, but I'm open to your thoughts on fitting (would be a damn site cheaper!!). Thanks in advance