What is a Glass Box Extension?

Not to be confused with a conservatory, a glass box extension uses glass sides and a roof to create extra space in your home and can be thought of more as a glass outdoor room.

They tend to be glazed with full glass panes to provide uninterrupted views and are built on a slim aluminium frame system to give a minimalist appearance. The strength of aluminium allows large, thin panes to be supported safely.

The doors are often bi-folding or sliding, again constructed from glass to maintain the uninhibited views to the outside, while allowing the area to be fully open to the outside when weather permits.

These extensions are seen as futuristic and modern and come in many guises and designs, but they also make a perfect match for traditional properties, acting as an anchor between old and new.

You can see examples of our glass box and structural glass extension solutions here:

https://www.slimlinealuminium.co.uk/products/structural-glass/structural-glass/?fbclid=IwAR1PPH5IM2ChnjryH1LpzEiZjXOZ_Z4aH8t6m-DEwqDxP5yTK8BMmJhzto8

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.