falcon_1980

Help, I hate my new carpet!

falcon_1980
17 May, 2019

Our new carpet was installed yesterday. I really don't like it. The sample looked like it would go with the F&B Drop Cloth colour on the units and ceiling, but in reality it clashes. It's too light for the room and ruins the cosy cocooning effect we wanted from the Inchyra Blue colour on the walls. Plus, it seems to have an insipid blue tinge to it.

Is there anything I can do? Would a rug of a particular colour help tie it all in? Should I move it to a different room and start again? Ahh!

For reference, we ideally wanted wooden floors, but couldn't afford to rip up the skirting and get the whole room redecorated in the process (we decorated the room before thinking about the floor....).

Any advice greatly appreciated!