Help Me with Interior designs for my new home
I have recently purchased my own property and in the process of renovating it.. After getting the roof done,I am now starting off with the small bedroom (photos as below ) on the first floor.
For the layout, I was thinking of:
- Getting a fitted wardrobe- ceiling to floor (need the storage space) with mirrored sliding doors starting from the left corner of the room across the chimney breast right to the other end of the wall where the window is.
- Placing the bed (double ottoman bed) in the middle to the left of the room facing the window.
- For the wall above the headboard was thinking of putting some artwork instead of making it a feature wall. Will be having a feature wall in the next bedroom which is bigger. Not sure if a feature wall may make this room look smaller.
I need help with suggestions for the following
- Wall Paint- That gives a warm cozy comfy feel, make the room look bigger and brighter and also the colour that would continue with the rest of the house. Any ideas on paint colours for the interiors of the rest of the house ( The bedroom is on the first floor with the master bedroom (right side) and a bathroom (left) side of it with a small landing and stairs leading to the ground level.
- Lighting- Suggestion for ceiling light (options for a dimmer) again giving a warm cozy effect
- Flooring- Thinking of putting laminate flooring. The room being small and the bed and the wardrobe taking space much of the floor would not be visible. The flooring would need to match the paint colour. Won't be using carpets as I am allergic to dust mites.
Doors- For the small bedroom and the master bedroom and bathroom that would match with the wall paint
Your guidance/ suggestions and photos would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance