sarwar_ahmad

Extraction dilemma!

Sarwar Ahmad
4 years ago

We need some advice and help on extraction for our open plan kitchen/diner/lounge - we are having a 5 burner gas hob in an island (only configuration that worked as sink in Island was considered too messy). We were looking at ceiling extractors that could handle a range of cooking (Mediterranean, Indian, Wok, etc) and were recommenced Gutmann or Westin. Does anyone have experience of using either of these with a more "active" kitchen where keeping cooking smells off the furniture and clothing was a consideration? Another brand mentioned was Falmec?

An island (ie a drop down type) extractor would ruin the design of the room (clean lines, flush ceiling through out, rooflights close to the Kitchen area, etc). We are hoping to duct out - our ceiling void space is about 245mm where the extractor would be sited.

The overall open plan room space is 9m x 5.5 m and 2.6m ceilings with a flat roof above the Kitchen. We have rooflights (one between the Island the Kitchen wall run) which made things more challenging .

Advice urgently sought (and hugely appreciated!)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.