domhomedesignaccount

Garden Plant Ideas :-)

Dom design
4 years ago

Hi everyone! :)

This is my first ever garden and I have been painting fences, laying slabs and creating a bed and now am looking for some help/ideas on what plants to plant. I would love some advice if possible as I am really confusing myself trying to work it all out.

I have attached a pic so you can see. Along the left-hand side is 7m long and 35cm wide. I would love something tall there to create some privacy and create some lovely colour - thinking some climbers would be best? Someone on here did mention some but I have deleted the post by accident.

At the back, the bed is 3m long and 80cm wide.

The garden is North West facing.

The ground is clay but I bought lots of compost from YouGarden and and created the beds with it ready to plant new plants.

In the large pot at the back, I have bought a tropical fern tree so I would like to try and create a Mediterranean feel throughout the garden. Hopefully with some colour too. I have seen something called 'Garden on a Roll' but undecided if this is too expensive or not? https://www.gardenonaroll.com/mediterranean-border

To the immediate left of the door, I am going to put some white Spanish pebbles in there and have a large planting trough to plant Bamboo Bissetti for some privacy.

Not sure if this is a silly question but can I plant in the ground at this time of the year or do I have to wait because of the weather being hot and dry?

Also, I have a cat, do you think the Mediterranean style plants will be poisonous?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you very much in advance! All advice welcomed as it's all going to be helpful and I am enjoying slowly learning all about gardening :-)

Thank you

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.