mar_a_l_pez26

Help: layout living area with off centre fireplace

María López
6 June, 2019

Hi all,

We are buying our first home and are trying to come out with a plan for what it’s a rather unusual living/dining room layout.

We already have the sofa so trying to fit in all the furniture is proving tricky.

What is also giving us a bit of a headache is the fireplace positioned to one side of the wall, pretty much next to the kitchen door. We will be replacing the gas fire with a simple small log burner and I was thinking how I could enclose the area of the fireplace as there is no “chimney breast” as such because the wall is thick...

Below you can see the layout and dimensions of the current living room and then our attempt at some decorating/layout ideas.

We really like Scandinavian style but wondered if we could pull off a feature wall somehow?

Thank you so much for any comments and suggestions, we are really lost so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!