gabby247

What do you think is best use this bedroom space?

Gabby Wong
4 years ago

We're hopefully going to soon (finally) start building our extension.

We're extending one of the upstairs bedrooms and turning it into the master. It's going to be a massive room (bigger than it really needs to be, but due to various factors (no family bathroom, no real upstairs hallway) there wasn't a way to create an extra bedroom, and we decided to extend it out the same depth as downstairs)

My query is, do people think we'd be better building a walk in wardrobe with new stud walls at the same time as everything else is done - (the big yellow box with a ? in it) or just having free standing wardrobes in the 2nd picture and then probably draws between 1 of the wardrobe and the door to the ensuite.

The X in both is where the loft hatch is, so we can't add a wall across that section.

If people think a walk in wardrobe would be better, how deep do you think it should be? as obviously we'd want enough space if we went for a walk in area, but still want the bedroom to feel spacious and luxurious

Walk in wardrobe
Freestanding wardrobes

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.