tonicuk

Plasterers have messed up... What to do...

tonicuk
4 years ago

Hi, so in my absence I had some plastering done. They did a lot of work, none of which is as perfect as I expected but I can live with slightly uneven walls.

The main issue is regarding my ceiling. I had an 'L' shaped wrap around extension done and where the 2 ceilings meet I imagined a nice, straight line. However, when I arrived back it seemed to be slightly more complicated than that as a velux fouls the line.

So their solution was as the picture shows. (Yes, that is my brand new ceiling that has filler all over it!! That was them repairing their first mistake.Extremely disappointed)

Now I've had them back and they are have said they're unable to do it my way. (second picture I edited quickly)

Am I right in saying that is how it should be?

They are due tomorrow to rectify their work so this is super important!

Their final passing words were that they suggested to go from the extension corner to the velux corner then back to the original house corner. Which would give the line 2 angles and not be straight.

The final picture is that of the chalk line I made representing where the actual line should be.

Thank you so much. This forum has been very very helpful!!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.