paul_mccann50

Boxed in boiler and toilet next to the window.

Paul McCann
4 years ago

I'm usually pretty good at laying things out in my head, but I'm struggling with this one. We are going to renovate our bathroom which is an odd shape. A photo and plan of proposed usage, are attached.

On that wall next to the window (which is 82cm wide) we are going to have to put our combi boiler. I'm planning to box it in with a nice cupboard, and then put a hidden waste in the wall and also add a back to wall toilet. The radiator in the alcove is being replaced with a towel radiator on the chimney breast.

Its a deep boiler so the boxing in will protrude out quite a bit, and what I'm finding hard to visualise is how this will look. I propose lining it up with the edge of the window (and the angle of the window reveal), but I think this will look odd once it goes up beyond the top of the window. I'm also toying with the idea of creating a seat here using part window sill, and the side of the ‘cupboard’ as the back of the seat, maybe using wood to create a ‘wrap’ of the cupboard, but then it would stop at the wall in the alcove. The idea is that you could sit and talk to someone in the bath. Basically, I think I'm just looking for some ideas/inspiration/thoughts on if this will work or if it will just look weird!!

The green and gold tiles and bath are going by the way :-)

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.